Playground is the place for children to have fun and expend all energy while expanding their physical abilities at the same time. Here are some tips to keep our kids at the playground so they can enjoy the equipment for years to come.
- Dress your child in clothing without hood, straps or ties, cords that can tangle in playground equipment and strangle him.
- Ensure that all playground equipment sits on sand, wood chips, solid foam surfacing or rubberized matting.
- Inspect the playground equipment periodically and make certain that there are no rusted or loose bolts, jagged wooden edges or open chains.
- Instruct you child to sit in the middle of a swing seat, and to hold on to the chain with each hand.
- Allow children to play only on equipment that is appropriate for their age group. Do not let young children play on monkey bars or on climbing areas or slides that are designed for older kids.
- Assess your yard for potential hazards, and then install a permanent or temporary fence around any playground equipment yard to make certain that young children stay safe and cannot run into the road, the driveway or into a nearby stream while they’re outside.
- Supervise your child at all times while he is playing on a playground to ensure he stays safe and make certain he knows where you are should he need you.