One of the lesson life has thought me is to be in touch with my inner soul. In my case being in touch with my inner soul is music. Music has become more of a lifeline for me. It helped me weather storms in my life. It is hard to explain how music has become an anchor of my inner soul but maybe the other people who are also music enthusiast like me would understand this. In celebration of my inner soul I am buying good djm at musicians friend as a reminder of what music represents in my life.
It is seems like holiday are taken over by presents, wish lists and decorating it is time to get back to the basic; teaching your kids the true meaning of holidays. While parents are focusing on this year round the holidays are major built in opportunity for parents to help kids develop character and values. Receiving gifts has no long term impact on child’s development, but contributing to other and learning about giving and selflessness does.
1. Holiday offer plentiful opportunities to strengthen family bonds and relationship connect children with relatives and friends they may not see often and to create lasting memories. Share family stories that offer examples of how children’s ancestors have demonstrated character.
2. It is important to help children understand the history of the holidays their own family celebrates as well as those celebrates. Read fiction or non fiction books about holidays and visit places that celebrate holidays in different ways.
3. As the holidays creeps up on you begin sharing the history of your family holiday traditions and recipes with your children. Involve your children in creating new family traditions by getting creative.
4. When preparing for the holidays involve your child in the act of cooking or buying gifts. Help them make connections between the values of the holiday and their actions.
5. Giving children the opportunity to contribute is important part of the holidays so involve your child in the preparations for each occasion. Children can write and read a poem at Thanksgiving, help choose and wrap gifts or create table center pieces.
6. Parents are the role models who can teach children the true meaning of the holidays. Set an example by allow your child to see you performing acts of kindness, joining in religious or spiritual services and contributing time and materials to local organization.
Some people are having a hard time deciding if they would get a dog. Realistically having a dog can eat a huge amount of time and money. That is the downside of it but the good thing about it is the love and affection that you will get on having a pet dog. There had been a lot of testimonials about how one’s life became more meaningful when they start having dogs. Having a dog today has become easy because of the high tech gadget for your dogs. For instance, you can go to this site for an electric dog fence. Just go try and have one if you still didn’t try having a dog.
Everyone wants their children to learn and know about the world around them and great hand on practice volunteer work. What better way to learn than getting out there and doing something that benefits other? After all giving back to the community actually benefits you as well.
Unfortunately every community has residents without home that need shelter, food and clothes. Volunteer to serve food at pantries or shelters that serve the homeless people in community.
It is easy to forget about first responder until we actually need their help. Make it a priority to do something special for them on regular basis. Bake cookies and take them to the fire or police station to provide for those who are serving community.
Most families have more clothes than they really need. Clean out your closet and gather your gently used belonging and take them to nearby shelter.
This month my project is to learn more about the industrial and mechanical products. It has been a conscious effort on my part to go out of the box and learn something new that has nothing to do with my everyday life. They say that knowledge is power so I am counting on this saying and hoping that one it will come in handy. Today I learned about cupmounts. Cupmounts are used to protect both electrical and mechanical equipment from impact shock and vibration (you can find cupmounts here). I may be buying this in the future maybe for my home or a business. Isn’t it amazing learning something new?
If there is one thing that I am wishing for when I was still a student especially during my college days is that there is someone who would write my essay for me. Don’t get me wrong I actually love writing essays. It’s just that the number of essays that I had to do all at the same deadlines can be a bit overwhelming and exhausting. I remember going to class with just two hours of sleep. I called those days hell days.
Hell days thought me a lot of things so looking back on those times makes me appreciate the fact that I’ve done those essays all by myself without any help. Some of it is pretty decent to have a grade that up until now is I am very proud of, some not so much. Those some were products of my restless brain. Surprisingly, after such long years I still have those essays. I kept them and every once in a while I read them and laugh at myself remembering how I can be too hard on my grammatical errors.
I still wish that there is someone that helped me during those days because of the stress but I am proud that I was able to survive those days. This things or experiences is the one that I am always imparting and telling to students whose been asking me for help. I hope I could really inspire them on their student years and help them be more patient. I am advising them to get help if they really needs but if there is no one there to help them to they need to learn how to be a trooper and go through it and graduate, if not with flying colors then at least with decent grades that they can be proud of.